Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent serves as Director of the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) Fort Knox, an organization that supports numerous major Army installations across CONUS. Responsible for the direction and oversight of a MICC-Knox Contracting Office predominantly comprised of contracting professionals ranging in grades from GS-11 to GS-14.
Fort Knox is the sixth largest urban community in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with along and rich history. It is located adjacent to the city of Radcliff, 15 miles north of Elizabethtown, and approximately 35 miles south of Louisville. The Fort Knox area is a thriving and growing community with lots of opportunities available.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Application of procurement regulations and contracting principles.
- Acquisition planning and soliciting offers.
- Negotiating proposals and awarding contracts.
- Administering contracts and close out of completed contracts.
- Assisting with the implementation of contracting policies to assure compliance with statutory and regulatory acquisition directives and guidance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employee
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now