Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is with Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC), located at Fort Sam Houston, TX.
ATTENTION: Some of the hyperlinks within this Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) have been updated and are available at the following website: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/APF-JOA/index.html
For this Internal JOA, please reference the documents in the abovementioned website titled: Applicant Checklist - (Merit Promotion) - FULL; Proof of Eligibility; Transcripts and Certificates in Job Applications; and Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants. In addition, the website for the OPM Career Transition Resources website is www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as Deputy to the Director, MICC-FSH, participating fully in the administration and supervision of a diverse staff of professional, technical, and administrative personnel engaged in the execution of MICC-FSH's Contracting and Procurement Program.
- Ensures MICC's vision, mission, and objectives are deployed and executed.
- Acts on own initiative in directing day-to-day operations of MICC-FSH within established policy and directives.
- Serves as a senior Contracting Officer (KO) and technical expert in the field of procurement operations, policy, compliance and review.
- Manages a wide variety of functional areas to include the MICC-FSH's Procurement Metrics and Procurement Analysis Program, Government Purchase Card (GPC) program, Quality Assurance Program, Cost & Pricing Program, Training Program, Intern Management Program, and Internal Management Control and Review Program.
- Personally performs or assists the Director in directing intergovernmental contracting programs.
Occasional travel - Business Travel will be required approximately 15% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VEOA, 30% Disabled Vets, ICTAP, Military Spouses, NAF
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now