http://cpol.army.mil/employ/APF-JOA/index.htmlCivilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serve as a Contract Specialist for the U.S. Army Contracting Agency, Expeditionary Contracting Command. Responsible for formal advertising or negotiation for the procurement of construction, supplies, or service requirements. Review purchase descriptions and technical specifications, originating of the appropriate terms and conditions, publicizing of the procurement through Department of Commerce media as well as through other appropriate means and determines appropriate use of special and general provisions.
ATTENTION: Some of the hyperlinks within this Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) have been updated and are available at the following website: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/APF-JOA/index.html.
For this Internal JOA, please reference the documents in the above mentioned website titled: Applicant Checklist - (Merit Promotion) - FULL; Proof of Eligibility; Transcripts and Certificates in Job Applications; and Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants. In addition, the website for the OPM Career Transition Resources website is www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Carry out the full range or pre award and post award procurement functions.
- Solicit bids/ proposals/ quotes for prospective contractors.
- Perform market analysis.
- Perform the full range of acquisition planning contract negotiation and contract administration functions.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze bids/ proposals through complete cost and pricing data in order to determine reasonableness.
- Monitor contractor activity through personal contact or review to ensure compliance with technical, financial, delivery and other terms of the contract.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VEOA, VRA, 30% Disabled, Military Spouse, ICTAP
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now