Contract Specialist (recent Graduate)
About the Position:
You will serve as a Contracting Specialist with formal and informal classroom training and on-the-job training progressively leading towards building the experience to perform at the full performance GS-11 level.
The Army Contracting Command-Warren provides comprehensive acquisition, contracting, business advisory, production support, and depot-level maintenance services in acquiring, fielding, and sustaining Tank Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) systems and supporting requirements. We ensure that the best products and services reach out soldiers when they need them, while ensuring fair opportunity for industry, including small businesses and obtaining the best value for our Army.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click herefor more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 24-months of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students must meet the education requirements at the time of application.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As a Contract Specialist you will perform duties such as:
- Perform pre-award and post-award functions including analyzing requirements, negotiation with suppliers and contract administration to completion or termination of higher dollar value, complex production, product improvement, services and requirement contracts for the procurement of equipment and components and serves for advanced and unprecedented military applications.
- Review procurement work directives and procurement data packages for regulatory compliance, clarity and completeness.
- Perform cradle to grade functions that includes, but is not limited to: documentation preparation; contract negotiations; analysis, researching and developing recommended positions regarding contract terms/conditions, change requests, and areas of potential dispute.
These duties are described at the full performance level (GS-11). The GS-07 level is developmental leading to such performance.
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition.
This position is being filled at the GS-07 level with potential conversion to a position with a full performance level at GS-11.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% Business Travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now