Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. The undergraduates, known as cadets, are commissioned as officers in the US Army upon graduation. You can watch them on parade or competing as intercollegiate athletes in a wide range of sports events. As a military installation, West Point is a small, self-contained city with housing for the military stationed here in support of the Academy, a Department of Public Works to maintain the roads, grounds and facilities, two libraries (Academic and Community), a military hospital, fire department, chapels, restaurants. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premiere performing arts center, and to recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist/Division Chief in the Mission & Installation Contracting Command Department, West Point, New York, you will:
- Advise executive office personnel/staff/project managers, customers in all phases of the acquisition process.
- Serve as warranted contracting officer responsible for pre-award and/or post-award functions for complex procurements of construction, equipment, services and supplies.
- Develop procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range, and construct the contractual vehicle.
- Prepare and maintain current acquisition plans.
- Plan/approve the negotiation strategy, coordinate strategy with negotiation team, and lead the negotiations.
- Terminate contracts for the convenience of the Government or default of the contractor.
- Serve as advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings.
- Prepare determinations and findings and solicitation documents.
- Perform detailed analyses of all elements of cost.
- Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now