Construction Control Representative
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Huntsville is a high-tech city nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee Rivers. Huntsville is just 100 miles north of Birmingham and 100 miles south of Nashville, TN and is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications.
This is a deployable position to Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Pakistan, Jordan - CENTCOM Area of Operation.
This position is a TERM position. It is a time limited position and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. Position may be filled by temporary promotion or temporary reassignment for 13-months, and may be extended in one-year increments up to a maximum of five years.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Participate in extensive construction and engineering management decisions relative to construction missions.
- Perform and/or direct the full range of field construction and engineering functions associated with the program.
- Interpret and conform to established policies, regulatory guides and accepted construction management practices.
- Participate in design review conferences with customers, the Corps of Engineers, the contracting office, and contractors to discuss construction aspects of design and foreseeable problems; from the construction standpoint, provides expert advice and assistance in solving complex and critical design problems.
- Observe, investigate, and inspect construction sites at all stages to identify major problems, and take timely corrective actions to ensure construction remains on schedule.
76% or greater - Business travel 100% of the time to Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar,Pakistan,Jordan-CENTCOM Area of Operation
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, 30% or more, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now