Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Join a motivated, growing, and diverse team engaged in challenging and dynamic work at a new garrison dedicated to direct support of the
Reagan Test Site's three critical strategic mission areas: missile testing, operational space surveillance, and technology development for future systems and sensors. United States Army Garrison Kwajalein Atoll is a small community, proud of its historic significance that though remote, provides most services found on Army garrisons. Services include a small, non-DODEA K-12 school system, a CYSS, and medical facility (no specialty care). Family member screening and evaluation due to limited exceptional family member resources. Located 2400 miles southwest of
Hawaii in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, surrounding one of the world's largest tropical lagoons, you can enjoy access to activities such as
world-class diving, snorkeling, fishing, golfing, boating, and organized sports, as well as, beautiful beaches, a year-round tropical climate, and a
short walk or bike-to-work (no POVs). One to three bedroom housing with utilities provided.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Contract Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct market analysis in order to identify possible sources in order to meet acquisition/procurement requirements.
- Prepare solicitations using the appropriate postings and/or terms.
- Perform analysis of bids and/or proposals received to insure compliance with specifications on advertised procurements.
- Monitor contract performance in order to take necessary action when there are delays in contract performance and/or work stoppage under the contract.
- Administer a variety of complex and/or fixed-price service, and/or supply contracts.
- Review completed official contract file to determine that all contractual actions are ready for contract closeout.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, Military Spouse Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now