Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Incumbent will serve as a Contract Specialist responsible for providing pre and post-award procurement services and quality support in the acquisition of goods and services to the Mission and Installation Contracting Command located at Fort Carson, Colorado.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Performs preaward functions for procurements involving complex contracts for highly specialized, new or innovative equipment and services.
- Administers complex contracts for procurements of equipment, services and construction programs and for other complex programs affecting to a considerable extent contractors' operations and local geographic areas.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reviews procurement programs and issues. Initiates actions and develops standard operating procedures.
- Analyzes and evaluates cost and pricing data to determine price reasonableness when relevant historical data and pricing precedents are generally not available.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now