Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located with the Mission Installation Contracting Command (MICC) in Fort Hood, TX. The incumbent serves as a Contract Specialist responsible for the full range of pre-award and post-award functions.
About the Surrounding Area:
Fort Hood rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas between Killeen and Copperas Cove and is approximately 60 miles north of the capital city of Austin, 50 miles south of Waco, 160 miles south of Dallas, and 150 miles north of San Antonio. For everyone who enjoys the outdoors, The Great Place is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Perform the full range of pre-award and post-award functions for a variety of high dollar, complex service, research and development (test support), construction, supply, and utilities contracts, including price/cost analysis, negotiation, administration and termination in support of installation and tenant activities.
- Administer complex contracts for procurements of equipment, service and construction programs.
- Develop cost/pricing data, proposals and counter-proposals for use in negotiations.
- Provide quality support in the acquisition of goods and services which are the best value and satisfy the needs of the customer.
25% or less - You may be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles), Former Overseas Employees, Military Spouses, and Individuals with Disabilities
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now